Twitter: @CJMearsGang or @GEICORacing
Born: March 12, 1978
Hometown: Bakersfield, CA
Residence: Charlotte, NC
Children: Samantha, Hayden
Hobbies: snowboarding, wakeboarding
- Driver of the #13 GEICO Fusion
- Mears has raced in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series for 8 years, leading laps in seven seasons to date
- Earned one Win, 12 top-five and 46 top-ten finishes along with 3 pole awards in Cup
- Has one Win, 16 top-five, 32 top-ten finishes, 4 pole awards in 93 NNS starts over 9 years
- Became first full-time NASCAR driver to win Rolex 24 Hours when he set a Daytona Protype record in 2006 and won the overall, 44th Rolex 24 Hours race for Chip Ganassi
- Family history is rich in racing, with roots still very deep in the open-wheel side of motorsports
- Mears earned two pole awards and three victories in the ARCA RE/MAX Series in 2003; he swept the Pocono events
- Scored an impressive fourth-place finish in his CART debut in 2000
Casey Mears carries with him one of the most recognized names in the sport of auto racing, while his resume makes him the obvious choice to be the wheelman of the #13 GEICO Fusion. He has experienced success at each of NASCAR’s top two levels, winning races in both the NASCAR Nationwide Series and Sprint Cup Series.
Versatility being a cornerstone for Mears, he has also won races in the Indy Lights Series, ARCA Series, and in 2006 he became the first full-time NASCAR driver to achieve an overall victory at the Rolex 24 at Daytona.
While Mears boasts a distinguished resume, his family dinner table features a banquet of successful careers. He is flanked by father, Roger Mears, who is a championship off-road racer, while his uncle, Rick Mears, has netted four Indianapolis 500 wins.
Germain Racing will most benefit from Mears’ experience at the top level of NASCAR. Since making his NASCAR debut at Homestead-Miami Speedway on November 10, 2001, Mears has been employed by NASCAR’s best and brightest, including Chip Ganassi Racing, Hendrick Motorsports and Richard Childress Racing.
Mears’ experience combined with Germain Racing’s technical relationship with Michael Waltrip Racing should result in marked improvement as the GEICO Racing program heads into the 2011 season.
When not at the racetrack, Mears enjoys spending time with his family and hitting the sand dunes, while he also enjoys snowboarding and wakeboarding.
Mears resides in Charlotte, NC, with his wife, Trisha, and their daughter, Samantha.