No. 5 NTB/Service Central Toyota Tundra
Atlanta Motor Speedway – Atlanta 200
September 2, 2011
News and Notes
• This Week’s Tundra… The No. 5 NTB/Service Central team and Germain Racing driver Todd Bodine will utilize GR-018 in Friday’s 130-lap NCWTS race at Atlanta Motor Speedway. Chassis GR-018 is the newest chassis in the Germain Racing stable and made its debut at Nashville Superspeedway in July, finishing sixth. Since then it’s been raced at Pocono Raceway (12th) and, most recently, Michigan (11th). Mike Hillman Jr. will once again be atop the pit box calling the shots for the defending series champion as this marks the seventh race of a collaborative effort between Germain Racing and Randy Moss Motorsports to field the No. 5 Tundra.
• Raising Awareness… The No. 5 NTB/Service Central Tundra will feature a Teal Ribbon to recognize the kick off of National Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month, which is September. Additionally, the No. 62 South Point Hotel & Casino Tundra and No. 9 GEICO Tundra will also feature Teal Ribbons.
• Track Stats… Bodine leads all active truck series drivers in top-fives (6) and top-10s (7) at Atlanta Motor Speedway. In 9 NNS starts, Bodine has led three races, scored three top-5 and four top-10 finishes. In 18 NSCS starts, Bodine has led 89 laps in three races, scored two top-5 and four top-10 finishes.
• Closing the Gap… With his third-place finish last race at Bristol, Bodine maintained his 10th-place standing in the driver points and is now just 30 points out of the top five.
• Watch and Listen… The Atlanta 200 from Atlanta Motor Speedway will be broadcast live on SPEED, MRN Radio and Sirius-XM NASCAR Radio, channel 90, on Friday night. SPEED kicks off its pre-race coverage at 7:30 p.m. EDT, and MRN Radio will begin its live broadcast at 7:45 p.m. EDT on Friday, September 2. SPEED will also carry live a broadcast of qualifying on Friday afternoon at 5:00 p.m. EDT.
Todd Bodine on Atlanta Motor Speedway:
“Momentum is an important thing, but it’s not everything. We have to go to Atlanta and do the best job we can. We feel like maybe we got the monkey off our back a little bit and we’re going to Atlanta with high hopes for the NTB/Service Central Tundra. Our mile and a half program has always been strong – so coming off a good finish like we had at Bristol can’t hurt anything.”
“Atlanta, when the tires get hot the race track doesn’t have a lot of grip. You slip and slide and that’s my strong suit is racing there on the older tires. We plan to go there and get a good balance on the NTB/Service Central Tundra and run up front.”
ABOUT SERVICE CENTRAL:
Service Central® is the automotive service offering available exclusively at Tire Kingdom®, NTB-National Tire and Battery®, Merchant’s Tire and Auto®, and Big O Tires®. Available at nearly 1,300 locations nationwide, its trained and certified ASE technicians use state-of-the art equipment to provide quality service on cars or trucks. The nationwide warranty provides peace of mind while it protects consumers and their investment in over 40 states. (http://www.facebook.com/ServiceCentralRacing & www.servicecentralauto.com)
ABOUT TBC RETAIL GROUP:
Headquartered in Juno Beach, Florida, TBC Retail Group, Inc., a subsidiary of TBC Corporation, operates more than 800 tire and automotive service centers under the brands: Tire Kingdom®, NTB - National Tire and Battery®, and Merchant’s Tire and Auto Centers®, along with nearly 500 franchised Big O Tires® locations. The contingent of nearly 1300 stores has trained and certified ASE technicians who use state-of-the-art equipment to provide quality service on cars and trucks. The nationwide warranty provides peace of mind while it protects consumers and their investment in over 40 states. TBC Retail Group employs more than 300 associates at its Juno Beach, Fla. headquarters and approximately 10,000 associates nationally. To locate a store near you, call 800-NEW-TIRE. TBC Corporation, headquartered in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, is one of the nation's largest marketers of automotive replacement tires through a multi-channel retail and wholesale strategy.