Posted by lori in Untagged
No. 5 International Trucks/Monaco RVs Toyota Tundra
News and Notes
• This Week’s Tundra… The No. 5 International Trucks/Monaco RVs team and Germain Racing driver Todd Bodine will utilize GR-018 in Saturday’s 100-lap NCWTS race at Michigan International Speedway. This is the same truck that Bodine drove to a 12th-place finish two weeks ago at Pocono, and it was raced to a sixth-place finish by Bodine in its debut at Nashville Superspeedway last month. Mike Hillman Jr. will once again be atop the pit box calling the shots for the defending series champion as this marks the fifth race of a collaborative effort between Germain Racing and Randy Moss Motorsports to field the No. 5 Tundra.
• Consistency is Key… Bodine is tied among active truck series drivers for the most top-10 finishes (5) at Michigan and has completed every lap of competition in the six previous races at MIS (602 of 602 laps). Bodine has also accrued the most points of any driver in the five previous truck series races at MIS (785 points), and earned his best MIS finish in 2010 – a second-place finish.
• No Stranger to Victory Lane… Bodine, who has 325 career NASCAR Nationwide Series starts to his credit, posted two of his 15 NSS victories at Michigan International Speedway. In addition to his Truck and Nationwide Series statistics, Bodine will also attempt to qualify for this weekend’s 400-mile Cup Series race at MIS, looking to add to his 14 career NSCS starts at the 2-mile speedway.
• Holding Steady… With his 12th-place finish last race at Pocono, Bodine maintained his 10th-place standing in the driver points and is just 38 points out of the top five.
• Watch and Listen… The VFW 200 from Michigan International Speedway will be broadcast live on SPEED, MRN Radio and Sirius-XM NASCAR Radio, channel 90, on Saturday afternoon. SPEED kicks off its pre-race coverage at 12:00 p.m. EDT, and MRN Radio will begin its live broadcast at 12:15 p.m. EDT on Saturday, August 20. SPEED will also carry live broadcasts of both practice sessions on Friday afternoon (11:00 a.m. EDT/1:30 p.m. EDT) and qualifying on Saturday morning (9:00 a.m. EDT).
Todd Bodine on Michigan International Speedway:
“I love Michigan. We’ve got a lot of people coming from International. It’s a good race for us and I love the track. We were runner-up last year; hopefully we can make it one finishing spot better this year with the International Trucks/Monaco RVs Tundra.”
“My favorite groove at Michigan is whichever one is going the fastest. I may even try the Brendan Gaughan line and ride around at the top and see how it goes. Our Toyota Tundras have been fast there and I expect more of the same from this team this weekend.”
Crew Chief Mike Hillman Jr. on setting up the race truck for Michigan:
“There are a lot of ways to get around Michigan. As a crew chief, you setup the race truck for the bottom of the track, and the driver moves the truck around to the other grooves from there. The bottom is the fastest, shortest way around, so that’s where you have to start. I think the Tundra we are taking to Michigan should give our International Trucks and Monaco RVs guests a lot to cheer about on race day.”