Bodine, Germain.com Tundra Head to Charlotte Motor Speedway Just 27 Points out of Truck Series Points Lead
May 18, 2010 (Mooresville, N.C.) - Nearly 25-percent of the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series schedule is completed as the trucks are poised for racing at Charlotte Motor Speedway on Friday night for 134 laps of the North Carolina Education Lottery 200. Todd Bodine will drive the No. 30 Germain.com Tundra for Germain Racing. He and the team have captured five top-five finishes in six races this season, and currently rank second in the drivers’ championship standings.
“The No. 30 Germain.com Tundra team has done pretty well this season,” explains Bodine of the year-to-date performance. “We haven’t gotten to victory lane yet, but we’ve been running well and we’ve overcome some adversity to get good finishes. The 30th-place finish at Martinsville took us out of the points lead, but we’re gaining back. Every week we bring the Germain.com Tundra to the track with one goal in mind of winning the race. That’s definitely the goal at Charlotte. I’ve always run well there; I’ve won there, just not in a points race.”
Driver Todd Bodine has competed in 49 points races at Charlotte Motor Speedway in four of NASCAR’s divisions.
“I’m one of few drivers who can say they’ve run in four NASCAR series at Charlotte. I’ve raced in Cup, Nationwide, and Truck Series and also in what was called the Sportsman Series,” explained Bodine who has been to Charlotte’s Victory Lane after winning qualifying races for what is now called the All Star race.
Charlotte Motor Speedway is the home track for many race teams, and a home away from home for many race fans as there are nearly endless possibilities of things to do such as the downtown fan fest, two weeks of racing at Charlotte, race shops to tour and outlet shopping.
“There’s a lot to love about working for a competitive, championship team like Germain Racing. We currently compete in four NASCAR series and travel to many great cities. But Charlotte Motor Speedway has a special place in my heart because it means I get to see my wife and children in the morning before I go to the track, and I get to come home to them at night. With family time like that, it’d be hard to knock Charlotte off of the top of the list of my favorite tracks,” said crew chief Mike Hillman Jr.
Germain Racing has chosen chassis TRD-131 to race at Charlotte. The truck has raced this season at Nashville and Kansas earning two top-five finishes.
After six races, the No. 30 Germain.com Tundra ranks fourth in Truck Series owner’s standings and Bodine ranks second in the driver’s standings.
Race number seven of the schedule is Friday night, May 21st, at Charlotte Motor Speedway. Watch all of the Charlotte action live on SPEED – first practice at 9:00 AM, final practice at 10:20 AM, qualifying at 3:30 PM with racing coverage beginning at 7:30 PM ET. The race will also be broadcast by your local MRN affiliate.
Follow Germain Racing on Twitter @GermainRacing or view the new team website at Germainracing.com. You can also become a Facebook fan of Germain Racing.
When shopping for your new or used car or truck, head directly to Germain.com to find the perfect vehicle or visit your local Germain dealer in Ohio, Florida, or Arkansas. Germain.com is part of Germain Motor Company, a top-25 automotive retail network with 21 dealerships and more than 60 years of experience.
- Bodine ranks 2nd in Truck Series Championship standings heading into Charlotte
- Germain.com is the central website for the Germain Motor Company, a top-25 automotive retail network with locations in Ohio, Florida and Arkansas. As car and truck buying moves from being a local process to a regional process, Germain.com is seeing increased business from neighboring cities and states
- Germain Racing has won two or more races each year in the Truck Series since its first race in 2004. The team has 18 wins, seven pole awards and one Truck Series championship
- Bodine has earned 17 wins and five pole awards of Germain Racing’s Truck Series total of 18 wins and seven pole awards
- Germain Racing competes in NASCAR’s three premier, national series, has earned top-ten finishes in each and consecutive top-ten points finishes in the NNS division. In 2010, Germain Racing expands its competition portfolio to the NASCAR K&N Pro Series East.
- Follow Germain Racing @GermainRacing on Twitter or become a fan of the team’s Facebook
- Germain Racing is seeking team sponsors. Visit www.GermainRacing.com
QUOTES: Todd Bodine on Charlotte Motor Speedway
What makes Charlotte Motor Speedway stand out from other tracks?
“Charlotte is a track where it is easy to over drive the corners, and the groove can move around a little bit, especially in turns three and four. It’s a tricky race track. The thing that stands out the most is being able to sleep in my own bed at night – it might be my favorite feature.”
How many Series Have You Raced in at Charlotte?
“I’m one of the few drivers who can say they’ve run in four NASCAR series at Charlotte. I’ve raced in Cup, Nationwide and the Truck Series and also in the Sportsman Series. I ran four races in Sportsman with a best finish of second-place.”
QUOTES: Mike Hillman Jr. on Charlotte Motor Speedway
What’s the biggest factor in preparing for racing at Lowe’s?
“Family. Seriously, it’s knowing that when the racing is done, I’m going straight home to be with my family in my home.”
Bodine Stats: Charlotte Motor Speedway
- 18 Sprint Cup Series Races; One Winston Open win, One No Bull Five Win
- 21 Nationwide Series Races; Five top-five and 11 top-ten finishes
- 4 Sportsman Series Races; three top-five finishes
- Bodine has been the victor in the qualifying race for what is now called the All Star event
Todd Bodine, NASCAR Camping World Truck Series at Charlotte
Year Start Finish Status Laps
2004 16 20 Running 134/134
2005 9 31 Crash 78/136
2006 26 3 Running 134/134
2007 19 3 Running 136/136
2008 21 12 Running 138/138
2009 4 25 Crash 97/134
6 Races (717 of 812 laps completed, 13 laps led)
2 Top 5 Finishes 2 Top 10 Finishes